Monday, November 21, 2016

80% Have to 20% Want to

I was really inspired and impacted by Google's policy of 80/20.

Where 80% of your work time is spent on projects given to you and 20% of your time can be spent on working on whatever you want to!

I have a small alterations business going right now and I never get time to do the projects I want. This policy would give me the creative outlet I need to continue loving what I do, maybe coming up with new projects or techniques, and still getting my clients projects done! I am beginning to see how beneficial this could be for my own business.

The other thing that really inspired me was what Taylor Richards said. He said, "Be Great! Don't settle for being good." I think I tend to settle for mediocre or good enough and I never reach my full potential. It is time to focus, buckle down, and be great!

And lastly, what I got out of Elder Oaks talk was that I cannot be "convinced" of what I want to do in entrepreneurship, I need to be converted. One of my biggest takeaways from my mentor interview was that I MUST have a passion for what I'm doing or I won't be truly successful. This correlates with Elder Oaks talk. When I am graduated from college I will be focusing and converting wholly to my passion for alterations and will not settle for good, but will strive for great!

No comments:

Post a Comment