First of all, I have learned and reinforced the need to love what you do. There are absolutely going to be times where I will want to take a break or get stressed out by what I am doing. But that is okay, because there is a reason it is called "Work". Also, I don't have to settle for a "first job" in my career that I am expecting to hate. I have every right to find a job I will enjoy even if it only lasts a few years and I find something greater later.
Second of all, I have learned the importance of gratitude inside and outside the workplace.
Accentuate the positive;
Eliminate the negative.
Latch on to the affirmative;
Don’t mess with Mr. In-between.
I had learned this little poem growing up but I had totally forgotten about it. When we focus on the positive and stop thinking about the negative. When we focus on what we can control rather than worrying about what we can't, we are more able to give joy and positivity. People will be drawn to us and we will be happier.
Third of all, I have learned the importance of giving. My best friend and her sister have started their own Lularoe company. I had seen a few people dip their toes in this and have it not work out the way they wanted. But I have also witnessed my best friend and her sister not just dip their toes in my jump into the deep end and work their butts of to be successful! They told me that for ever 5 pieces they sell, they should be giving one away. This has proven to be a huge truth! Along with the gratitude that they have and express in their business they are so giving. They are currently doing a 12 days of Christmas Give away. The giveaways are not for we customers, but they are for us to nominate someone in need.
I have previously mentioned charisma and they certainly have it! They are real, personable, friendly, loving and very generous. They are a great example to me of a successful entrepreneurship.
No comments:
Post a Comment