Monday, December 5, 2016

Personal Preference

I was impacted quite a bit by Sheryl Sandberg and what she had to share.
She jumped around to a few different companies but her motivating factor in anything she did was that she "really wanted to work on things that mattered." She wanted "to make a difference, and make someone else's life better..."
She eventually went to work for Google because it was a tiny company (back then) that wanted to bring the worlds information and make it accessible to as many people as they could. I love that initiative. She then went to Facebook because they had a very specific mission. Their mission was to: Give people the power to share and make the world open and more connected.
He wanted to get rid of all the anonymity through the web and make it more personal.
Personally I am grateful for the ability Facebook gives me to share personal experiences that I believe will help another along the road of life, and also to keep personal and intimate relationships with my friends and family.
I want to give the same type of feeling in my future business. I want to make a difference in the lives of as many people as I can. I want to provide a service that brings joy to others and leaves them wanting to come back for more and inviting their family and friends to be a part of it as well.

I look forward to implementing my own mission statement into my future company that invites people to participate and feel like they are receiving a personal service.

No comments:

Post a Comment