Friday, July 14, 2017

Honing In

 
Before

After

This week I had a realization. Throughout the semester I have felt very under qualified and inadequate to be a successful entrepreneur. I started to become discouraged. But even through the discouragement I still loved learning about creating a small business and becoming an entrepreneur.

There are many skills and traits of a successful entrepreneur that we have read or learned about. Until I read "Work on your business, not just in your business" I felt like maybe this wasn't the path for me.

As I read about how easy it is to get stuck in the everyday tasks and forget to improve and expand the fire within me began to grow again. This past week my husband and I had a real conversation about what I'm doing now in our business and what I would really like to do. It was eye opening and refreshing. We then started to make great plans with how we want to change it and where we see it going. There is still so much to do to get there, but taking the skills and knowledge I am learning in the Small Business Creation class and applying them to my present life and business is helping so much.

I know now that as soon as I can get out of this rut of doing every single task myself and getting lost in the everyday work, I can then begin to oversee and take a place from a more "outside looking in" perspective and begin to expand the business and grow it into something greater.

Today was the last lesson of my last student during this $100 Challenge. She and her mother are planning to enroll her again this fall in some more sewing classes. I could not be more excited and grateful for how well this went and how empowered I feel now as a seamstress.

No comments:

Post a Comment