Friday, July 7, 2017

Learning to Overcome

This week I tried to implement some of the things I have been learning over the course of this Small Business Creation Class. I have gotten pretty discouraged along the way at times. Those discouraging moments came when I realized I didn't have a skill or drive I needed. But I'm learning that just because I don't have them now doesn't mean I can't have them later. Later, after learning and applying.

I inherited a trait from my father where I get frustrated and exasperated quite easily, especially when it comes to explaining my thoughts and others aren't understanding me. My husband and I were talking about the business and what we would like to have happen in the future. We talking about what we want to focus on and how to build the website to fit it. This was a very good exercise for me to explain my thoughts and vision. It was hard. I had a couple moments. But after pushing through them we were able to make great strides on our way to a business plan and expansion.

My $100 Challenge students are doing fabulously! I have two left. One of my students has a mother that stays during the whole lessons whereas all other moms run errands during the lesson. At first I didn't like that she stayed, but last week she said that I am teaching her daughter way better and more in depth than her last teacher. They really boosted my confidence in my ability to do this and to do it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment