Friday, June 30, 2017

To Franchise? Or not to Franchise?

This week was franchise week and it was very educational. I have learned some valuable lessons and had my eyes open to new opportunities.

No matter what business you start, even if you don't plan on franchising, you should set it up like a franchise. I can't remember if I said that in my last post but even if I did, it is very important and should be reiterated!

I had the opportunity to interview a franchise owner of a Little Ceasars Pizza in California. I got in contact with him through my aunt who was in his same church congregation. He is very successful and, from the sounds of it, seems like he knows exactly what he's doing to be successful and he wishes others would just stay out of his way and be just that.

I am learning that no matter what business you want to start or franchise will take a tremendous amount of work. It is imperative that you put in the extra time and sacrifice things. You won't be successful if you don't.

In my $100 challenge I have earned $240 total. I put $4.84 into it. So my net income total is $235.16. I am pretty impressed with what i've been able to earn from this. Granted every second hasn't been easy. If I continue with sewing lessons I am going to put an age cap on how young my students can be. I have a 7 and a 9 year old and they just don't grasp it all. They have a hard time even running the machine at a decent speed. So I have come away during this "trial" period with a better idea of how to make it better!

No comments:

Post a Comment