I learned a lot this week about the type of leader I am on track to be and the type of leader I want to become.
We took a quiz that gave us scores. These scores told us what type of leader we are or have a tendency to be. The leadership options were: Autocratic, Democratic and Free Reign. My highest scoring type was the Democratic. This is the participative type of leader. I was happily surprised for these results! I would like to continue to culture that type of leadership and make it stronger.
Earlier in the week we read an article that lowered my hope of being a successful entrepreneur. I was becoming aware of all the weaknesses I have where they should be strengths to be successful. But my husband helped me see that I am already on the right track to becoming successful. I have started my own business and started a small job teaching sewing lessons on the side. So as long as I continue to learn and grow, I have great potential.
These were some of the quotes from the article Leaders and Managers by Hugh Nibley:
"Leaders
are movers and shakers, original, inventive, unpredictable, imaginative, full
of surprises that discomfit the enemy in war and the main office in peace."
"For
managers are safe, conservative, predictable, conforming organization men and
team players, dedicated to the establishment."
"In short,
while management shuns equality, it feeds on mediocrity."
“A ship
in port is safe,” says Captain Hopper, speaking of management; “but that is not
what ships were built for,”
No comments:
Post a Comment