Saturday, June 3, 2017

Confidence is Key

In my growing up years I was a very strange mix of shy and outgoing. I cared a lot about what people thought of me or how I was acting. Even so to this day I still feel this way. But because of this strange mixture of personality I adopted a key phrase that helped me get through each day:

CONFIDENCE IS KEY.

This allowed me to believe that no matter what I did, as long as I had confidence in that thing, I could do it and still be happy and not care so much about what others thought of it. 

I was reminded of this as I watched the Acton Hero Bud Brigham. He talked about figuring out what our core values are and letting them drive us in all we do. My core values comes from my religion. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I was baptized a member when I turned 8 years old and it was THE best decision I ever made. Because of that decision I was able to form an wonderful friend group that shared my same values and helped me become a better person. Because of the decision to be baptized I served an 18 month mission for my church. My mission changed my life forever and deepened my testimony and rooted my core values. Because I chose to be baptized I found a wonderful and amazing man at my church and we were married in the Ogden Temple where we were sealed and married not only for time on earth, but for eternity in the heavens.

These same concepts apply to the business world. One decision can shape the way to do business for the rest of our life. Who we surround ourselves with makes a difference in the integrity of our business ethic. 

-----

I had my first student come for sewing lessons this week. I was so nervous at first because I had never tried teaching someone how to sew. It can be difficult to teach someone how to do something that has become second nature to you. As the lesson went on I became more comfortable in teaching and I began to learn my teaching style and ways that are effective in teaching others. I remembered my motto... Confidence is key, and I was able to have a successful lesson. I am very excited to start my other lessons next week with new students and discover more about how to effectively teach sewing lesson that cater to each student individually.

No comments:

Post a Comment