1. The Key to Survival is JOY!
This weekend was the semi annual general conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It wasn't technically part of my entrepreneurship class for school but it absolutely applies. I learned that so succeed in life, in work, in family, we need to have joy. We were put on this earth to do just that! In the Bible in the book of Genesis is says, "Men are that they might have joy." This joy depends on our focus. And our focus needs to be on Christ. I know that if I want to succeed in business I need to keep my focus on the Lord and he will bless me with success and true joy all along the way.
2. Determination goes a long way.
After reading the story about Magdalena Yesil I came to the realization that I give up so easily. If something gets "too hard" I just give up. Magdalena never gave up. She learned and learned never letting herself die out. She discovered what she loved and learned every part, every aspect of it. I would like to do that. I would like to discover what I love, what i'm good at, what I have a gift for and learn every part of it.
3. Serve the Lord with all your heart, might, mind and strength.
Elder Haight has three steps that provide success.
#1 Get your Education
#2 Make your mark
#3 Prepare to serve/give back
As I listened to Jim Ritchie talk about all the service missions he went on and how successful he's been I just could not deny the fact that if we serve the Lord and serve our fellow man with all that we have, we will get back tenfold what we give away. I hope that one day I can feel and be as accomplished as Jim Ritchie looking back on all the good i've done. Humility is key.
As I move forward in my entrepreneurship career I want to explore more of myself and discover my natural talents and find out how I can utilize those the for good of my family and the good of those I associate with.
Shoutout to my partner in crime who keeps me grounded and always encourages me to do my best, and compliments me in all I do.

No comments:
Post a Comment