I enjoyed what we were asked to read this week but nothing jumped right out at me. What did stick in my mind though is what we call the The Plateau Effect.
The entrepreneurial venture I have been involved in is my alterations business called PATCHES. It has been difficult to truly immerse myself into it since the semester has started and I have been working full time while schooling full time. It has been an overwhelming journey because I have had to say no to a couple projects but the ones that I have said yes to are quite large.
In saying all this I have felt like I have hit that plateau. The skills I have learned and practiced up until now have left me gliding along at a slow and steady plateau rate. I am wanting to attend more classes and practice so much and take on more projects, but that just isn't in the cards right now. I know the potential I am capable of is great, but I don't have the time and energy to invest in it.
Time, energy and passion are so important. These are three key components to succeeding. Once you have those all put into one you are able to achieve the unthinkable.
An article called, "Are Successful Entrepreneurs Born or Made?" by Jeff Sandefer, tells a story of a group of entrepreneurs conversing with each other about this very question. There was one specific character trait they all felt was important, and that is:
A relentless pursuit of opportunity
It is so easy to get bogged down when we hit a plateau and feel there is nowhere for us to go. Or that we have run out of opportunities. A successful entrepreneur hits the inevitable plateau and works as hard as they can to achieve the next level of success.
This is something i will be working harder on. A relentless pursuit of opportunity.
Image from : http://www.performancesolutionsbymilliken.com/the-plateau-effect/

No comments:
Post a Comment