Monday, October 10, 2016

Will you be happy?

There were two major things this week that have already changed my life and way of thinking.

#1 How Will You Measure Your Life by Clayton M. Christensen at the Harvard Business School

Clayton had so many great and inspiring words to offer, starting with these three questions:

ONE- How can I be sure that I’ll be happy in my career? 

TWO- How can I be sure that my relationships with my spouse and my family become an enduring source of happiness? 

THREE- How can I be sure I’ll stay out of jail? 

All of these question play a vital part in our career and everyday life. In order to be sure we will be happy in the career we choose we must set our priorities straight. We need to decide first and foremost what is most important to us and what we will not compromise on. 
In order to be sure our family relationships will be lasting and an enduring source of happiness, we must continuously show them that we love and care for them. That they are our guiding light and motivating force in all we do in life and career.  
Integrity is the key to staying out of jail. It can become so easy to to just fudge the line an little here and a little there. It can even become so easy to withhold or take a little money here or a little money there. Honesty in all we do is vital.

#2 The Ministry of Business by Steven A. Hitz and James W. Ritchie

Holy cow! If you want to read an inspiring book that will guide you along the path to success in business and life, read this book. In this book we are introduced to what is called "The Formula". The Formula honestly changed my focus and view on pursuing my dreams. If you follow these steps, you will become successful, fully self reliant, and sincerely happy.

a. Get Up Early
b. Work Hard
c. Get Your Education
d. Find Your Oil
e. Make Your Mark
f. Get Prepared To Be Of Service

In all honesty I have decided to make this a daily routine. I look forward to trying this out and I will let you all know how it goes!



No comments:

Post a Comment