Saturday, May 6, 2017

Hard Work

This week was a really fun brainstorming which $100 Challenge I wanted to pursue.
I really tossed around the idea of starting a Mommy and Me DIY Craft class. I really feel like that would thrive here in Rexburg, Idaho because there are so many mothers at home with their kids all week everyday and are looking for a reason to get out of the house. These mothers want a place away from electronics. A place where their child(ren) can interact with other children. A place where they can also get adult interaction. 

But in the end I decided I was going to start teaching sewing lessons!



I decided to teach sewing classes because the startup costs would be a lot less and it is something I feel very proficient in. Sewing is my strong suit and something I can be confident in teaching others how to do. When I tell people I sew or do alterations, the replies I get are those like "My grandma sews!" or "My mom used to sew my clothes when I was a kid!" But I never get people my age, in their 20s-30s, who know how to sew. It truly is a lost art that I feel people are wanting to learn how to do. 

In my personal business, Patches, I have gotten a lot of success in alterations! I have loved all the projects that have been coming in and I never want to stop, but I am realizing that I would like to be doing more of the designing and selling my own handmade clothes. A dream I have is to design and sell my own maternity/nursing line. When I'm not in school I will have SO much more time to devote to my business and growing it.


Photo Credit: http://ohyoucraftygal.blogspot.com/2012/01/sewing-school-lesson-1-welcome-and.html

No comments:

Post a Comment